RE: [Tech] Rev limiter?

I easily got into the red with my '84.  Of course, I only did it a few times
because the power drops off so bad it doesn't pay - just shift into the next
gear and you'll get better performance.  Anyway, either yours is broken or
mine was broken.

I would kind of suspect fuel delivery.  Was a right turn involved?  Did you
have less than 1/2 tank?  My '84, even with a transfer pump, had some
problems coping with this scenario.  Last week I got some hard sputtering in
my '82 (no transfer pump) with about 1/8 tank coming up a 25mph ramp at
about 45 on a cloverleaf interchange.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco