RE: Chrome Trim

I recently heard about a few companies that do that, but I can't recall who
they are.  They had websites, so a clever person could find them using a
good search engine.  They vacuum plate the parts with aluminum, and they
look chromed when finished.  I used to work for an injection molder that
made trophy components, and we used the same process.  Put the parts in a
vacuum chamber, use tungsten filaments to vaporize little pieces of
aluminum, and the vapor is deposited on the plastic for a permanent finish.
Most of our parts were then dip-dyed yellow to make them look like gold.
You could make yours gold and have a sweet ghetto 'roc - just get some nice
wire wheels that are too wide, and hydraulics, and...

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle