[Tech] Rev limiter?

This weekend I was goofing around in the roc (84 8v with some mods (GTI
T-body/Hydro Head/Header)) and apparently had the engine bouncing off
the rev limiter (I think). It seemed like this was happening right
under 6000 rpm, maybe 5800...even though the tach shows the redline
considerably above 6000.

So,