(RE) CIS-E idle/mixture problems

That might be a good place to start.  What I have recently learned is that a
nickel is the difference between basic and zero measurements.  When setting
the A/F mixture, remember to use 10 mA as your setting point and it more
than likely will be fluctuating between 9 and 11.  Lambda sensing is between
0 and 20 so 10 is where you want to be.  HTH!!

Dave

P.S.  Checking duty cycle at the idle air valve is used to check the idle
when you ground one side.  The outside prongs are ground pulses sent from
the computer and the center is power so you ground one of the outside prongs
and measure duty cycle on the other.  This will tell you either how long it
is open or closed (according to the computer).  Since you are grounding one
side, it will be locked closed shutting off that air path so the idle can be
adjusted correctly.  Then you check the DPR mixture, then the idle, and so
forth until they come out correct.  If you have any questions, LMK!!

majordomo@scirocco.org