HELP power steering hose or cable or sumthin

Hi all,

    So I am driving along yesterday and my buddy is remarking about how well my 87 16v runs when all of a sudden I say: "shit i've lost my power steering!". I pull over and open my hood to find fluid covering every part of my poor engine. I get under the car and find that the hose comming out of the pump has snapped off. I can shove it back in, but the fluid just poors out around it. I notice white sealant had been used before to fudge it, so it aint the first time. PO's must have been nuts to seal such a high pressure hose with rig schmeg. Anyway, were out of town when it happened so i tried to fix it at an autoparts store in daytona. tried reflaring the hose under the nut..thought it worked till i started the damn thing. POOF

Anyway, questions:
If i run the car for a few days without fixing this, will my pump go bad and have to be replaced? YOWCH.

What is this part/hose actually called and about how much will it cost?

When followed, this hose goes from the pump in the front, all the way to the firewall (or thereabouts). Is it difficult to change myself?

and..how can I clean all this crap off of the rest of my engine and underbody?