Re: (OT) Car thieves

In a message dated 3/15/01 5:52:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jorel140@yahoo.com writes:

There have been a rash of car burglaries around my
place lately. Their MO really angers me. It looks like
they use a hammer and some kind of metal punch. They
drive the punch right into the keyhole with the
hammer. They got one of my neighbors car last night.
He is an older guy, retired and very kindly. Lots of
damage on his car. Why the hell would they do it this
way?

These people are after whatever they can get inside,
spare change, cigarettes, anything that takes their
fancy.  Why not just break the window, then lift the
lock? Maybe it has something to do with noise, or just
stupidity, or maybe it is out of pure spite. My cars
have escaped their attentions so far. Hope it stays
that way.

Don't your cars have alarms? I think it's a bit foolish to invest so much in
something you just leave sitting around outside, then have no way of
protecting it.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)