HELP!

Ok guys here it is,

I was have to drive from Amherst MA to Sandwich MA
this afternoon.  I'm driving to FL for Spring Break
and while i was down there I was gonna pick up my
'Rocco BUT

now the mechanic said there is a problem with the fuel
injection.  the only way to start the car is to hold
it open with vice grips.  When i looked at the new 1.8
engine, it looked identical.  Is there another engine
out there that is almost the same as the one from my
88 16V?  Another thing that is confusing me is that he

said he had to move something or it "would be hittin
my battery"  I wish i wasn't in school rite now b/c i
would to have liked to do this my self but did I get
the wrong motor?

Please reply ASAP

It is 10:30 now and I have to leave for the cape by
12:30

Thanks in advance

A very pissed off Mick