RE: Car shipping options, I'm getting a new toy.

Gary,
That sounds sweet, I'd actually trade one of my 81's (Mars) if I found a
similar condition 75.
I would consider driving it back home if it is sound.
You will save some $$, have some bonding time, and find all the little
problems that need to be fixed when you get home.
75 was fairly simple so there is not much that can go wrong on the way home.
You might consider replacing hoses and belts, check to make sure the battery
is good, change the oil/filters/coolant, and carry some spare water.
I drove half way across the nation in a 65 Opel Kadette wagon held together
with bubble-gum, duct tape and wire ties.
The radiator leaked so bad that I had to fill it every time I filled up for
gas...one of the best times of my life...:-)
The only damage you would probably do is if you didn't check the oil level,
or coolant level every gas stop.
You might also get a AAA Plus membership, 100 mi. free towing in case you
need it.
I say GO FOR IT !

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver