RE: Keeping the chrome vs. powdercoating black

Randy is right, if you wire wheel the pieces and then paint them they will
look decent.  You also must pay attention to what he said about being
careful with your keys so you don't scratch them.

Personally I don't like the delicate nature of the finished product of that
method so.. Last year I had all of my wiper arms (both cars and some
spares)and about a dozen of the door handle trim pieces powder coated satin
black.  The finished product is essentially a factory finish.  The benefits
to this method are the lack of rock chips or peeling paint that would happen
with a rattle can job.  The only problem with the door handle inserts: a bit
of warpage from the heat.

GL,
David Barwick
88 Scirocco