Re: well, sh#t.

> ever replaced a windshield for an mkII before? i'm taking it
> to the shop, but want to know of others' experiences so i know what to
look
> out for.

Make sure that they stand behind their warranty to fix leaks!  All it takes
is a slow leak over your fuse box to wreck your month.  I use "AAA auto
glass" in Oregon.  They have done a great job consistently; and they fix
rock chips for free as well as any leaks that develop over the life of the
car (excluiding leaks caused by body deficiency).

Good luck1
David Barwick
88 Scirocco
84 Jetta GLI