Re: [eng] '87 8v - no start (still)

Is that an inch of play fore & aft in the timing belt? Like you can
wiggle it back and forth about an inch? That's bad, you should only be
able to twist it with your thumb and fore finger about 90 degrees.
That's when it's tensioned properly. If there really is an inch of play
in the timing belt I bet it's slipping and not much is happening. Fuel
from each bolt also doesn't mean much, fuel may be moving, but the
pressure may not be adequate enough to open the injectors. Does it even
sputter or anything?
	-Gary Huff