RE: Refinishing euro bumpers

> I forgot to ask: how are you sanding it? Are you using some sort of sanding
> block? Power sander? What??

 Just using 400 grit (wetsanding) by hand.

I have thought about the options for painting bumpers and there seems to
be the expensive way or the cheap-ass way... ; )

1.) Spend the $$ and drop off your bumpers at the local paint shop and they
 will (should) come back looking perfectly smooth and glossy.. mmmmm
2.) Go to your local auto paint supplier and find a bumper primer and paint in
a spray can.  I found that SEM makes a good product for bumpers
http://www.semproducts.com/

 Since black is an easy color to match, I thought that I would try option #2.
I bought 2 cans of primer and 2 of black paint...total cost of under $30.
Then I spent a few hours sanding the bumpers after primed.
I now have them painted and am happy with the initial results...now I am
curious as to how durable the paint will be...

I will try to get some pictures this weekend.

HTH!

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v