[tech] Power Windows

Well, now that spring is soon upon us, I need to fix the power windows on my
84 Scirocco.  The motor on the passenger side is definitely shot.  However,
the driver's side sounds like it is working.  I can hear the motor running
but the window does not open and shut.  Presently, it is closed shut.  I
have the door panel off and I can move the window up and down but not
freely.  My dad says that it's off it's off its track.  Is this the case?
How can I rectify this problem?  Anyone experience the same problem and
corrected it?  TIA

Sal
81 Scirocco 16V
84 Scirocco