Re: Best All Around Brake Pads?

I like Ferodo DS2000's up front and PBR MetalMasters out back on my Scirocco
16V. The Ferodo's respond hard from cold and stay consistent as they warm
up, and the weaker bite of the MM's let me brake harder without locking the
rears.

I use my Scirocco as my daily driver/autoX car, so YMMV. I have not yet done
a track day in the car to know how they hold up to sustained high temps. The
Ferodo's are dirty, but I have black wheels so...

On other cars than Scirocco's I like Porterfield R4S's and Performance
Friction PF83's (I think that's the right number - one step up from the PF80
racing pads). I will likely be trying a CarboTech compound next time around
as I hear many good things about them.

One of the OEM suppliers, can't remember if it is Pagid or Jurid, just put
out an 'S' line that is for high performance street use. They seemed
reasonably priced and the normal OE pads work well enough that I may
investigate these as well.

I despise EBC Greenstuff on my other car, but love them on my motorcycle. Go
figure.

Regards,

Christian
87 16V