Flatspotted a rear - now thump, thump thump

It's prob. toast but I was wondering if this is a sign of a
broken/stretched belt inside the tire. There is a thump, thump noise
that is evident from the first movement and disappears when at 40 mph or
above.

It came about because I was experimenting with the hand brake at 90 mph
and one side locked up premature. <sigh> Smoke, quick got off it, pulled
off and checked it out, tier has flatish place, warm to touch, tiny
embedded gravel in it now.

Will it wear itself round again, seeing as it appears round now?

Nice tire too.

TBerk