RE: [OT] we need a new car - Follow uP

> I mean, for 5  years, I might as well BUY the car.

Most definitely, if you can afford it. Since they automatically get the car
at the end of 5 years, your monthly payments *should* be lower on a 5 year
lease than on a 5 year loan. To some people, driving the car they want TODAY
is more important than posessing that car 5 years from now. This situation
allows that to happen.

Leases are confusing. That's the thing that sucks most about them. The key
to remember is that a lease isn't actually any different from buying. It's
just a matter of the same people (you, the dealer, and the bank) trading the
same money in a slightly different way. Of course, each way may be more
advantageous to one party than the other.

Personally, I'm beginning to think that a 4 year lease is too long. I feel
we didn't get a terribly good deal in our situation, but I don't think we
got "shafted" either. I'll definitely know more next time around, and I'll
probably make different choices. Not to mention that I make more money these
days than I did two years ago...

Neal