Another easy way to make a cheap weighted shifter rod

I like CheapAssRon's weighted shifter rod idea, but for those of you who
want something quicker and easier here goes:  Get some lead flashing(you
know the stuff for your roof-just made from lead).  We sell it at home
depot for $2 a foot, which is more than enough.  I figured about 2.5 to
2.75lbs per foot.  Now tightly roll this around your relay rod and then
secure it with a hose clamp at either end and maybe one in the middle.
Done, instant weighted shifter rod; not as pretty as Ron's, but if you
didn't want to drill pieces of copper and melt lead(I'm looking forward to
doing this) it's a quicker and maybe safer alternative.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and
other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear