RE: *Gettin' some stuff for his 'Rocco. Does his Happy Dance!*

Good job, sometimes the muddier you get the more you score at the yard. :-)
I assume you have an 8V?

The TB from the non-turbo 5000 should work no problem. You will have to pull
the linkage arm off of your TB, or pull the one off the Rabbit in the yard,
and replace the 5K one with it in order for it to work with your throttle
cable.
If you don't want to hog out your Intake plenum to match, you could always
wait for a VW Fox and use the Plenum from it.

I'd recommend the 90 alternator (post 85? 8V's). Unless you have a 16V,
don't use the 16V one. It will give you more than enough juice unless of
course you are running a dozen 200W rallye lights and a gazillion watt
stereo system. Remember the higher the output of the alternator the more
drag on the motor, might just negate the gain of the TB, LOL.

HTH

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver