Re: VIN-code

> hm, I might have found a difference :

Maybe not :)

> where we germans have always a "filler - Z " behind the "53", you have a
"2" there.
> This nr. isn't defined in my Scirocco book.

Not surprised, it is a Z! I took the VIN from a test certificate where it
was written as a 2. On the registration document it's defintitely Z.

> > Here's the VIN for my '88 GTX 8V, RHD UK model:
> >
> > WVWZZZ532JK016021
> >
> > So it's '88 model year, 16,021st made.
>
> it fits good, as the model year 1989 starts 01st August 1988,

Yeah, that was a stupid question wasn't it.

> one of the latest in that 1988 model year...

... which was the final year for GTX's. It's from the last batch of GTX's,
because it has a colour coded body kit and Le Castellet wheels instead of
Avus:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/car.jpg
The centre caps on the wheels are dated July 1988 on the back.

> My GT-II  has an "N" for 1992, anyone else on the list with an "N" ?
> ( forgive me, couldn't resist :-)

'92 Sciroccos are ten a penny round here... :)

STuart