RE: Mounting front license plates on Mk2

Option 1:

I'm not sure about an 8v, but on a 16v, there are two screws immediately
below/behind the bumper that hold the spoiler to the car. These screws are
maybe an inch or two farther apart than the holes in the license plate. I
used two sturdy strips of metal (maybe 3" long?) with holes drilled at the
ends. One end bolts to the upper license plate holes, and the other ends of
the strips are held by the screws I mentioned above.

The plate may be difficult to see from the front with a US bumper (try and
see...), but it looks perfect with a euro bumper.

Option 2:

Do what I did. Move to Florida! :P

Neal