Re: removing headbolts

At 09:50 PM 2/28/01 -0500, RoccoPhil wrote:
>What tool (12pt or 6pt) is required to remove OEM headbolts on 8v head?
>What is the size and can I pick it up at Sears or something?
>
>TIA,
>PK

It is a 12pt, 12mm, triple square bit.  I am  positive because there are a
couple packages of them in front of me.  Look around at your local auto
parts store; you should be able to find a set fairly cheaply.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and
other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear