Waterfest "triathlon" competition

Andrew Stauffer wrote:
> Man, the more I think about this thing the better it sounds.  Scott, what
> kind of decisions need to be made?

Right now I working on the following:
a) Who should run?
-should the tuners, clubs, etc. recruit there own teams? This will create
the highest profile entry list (good for marketing and organizational
reasons)
-or, should folks arrange this all themselves and behind the scenes (this
would increase the amount of privateer entries and spread the fun around to
the average joe)
- or, perhaps a combination of the above is best? (I'm leaning in this
direction)

b) How many teams should be pulled from a total of 50 cars? I'm thinking of
10 teams of 5 cars each. (Keep in mind that the triathlon would not be the
extent of the competition. The regular autox and dragracing would be going
on for folks who just want to do those separate events.)

>  How can we offer you more constructive ideas and feedback? What do you
> need to hear?  How do we help?

Just do what you're doing now and offer up your opinions on what sounds like
a great event. What sort of recognition would you like to get as a
competitor, btw? And very importantly:

*What would you like a sponsoring tuner to offer you to compete for them?*
*What would you be willing to do for them before/after the event?*

> I'd suggest it needs to remain open to grassroots guys such as myself
> on a tight budget but willing to run hard.

Noted.

> I'm sort of assuming that the sponsored/corporate end of this event is a
> nessesity to cover your budget, Scott, but I'm going to angle for it it to
> remain open to the rest of us as well.  Just my thoughts.

This is great stuff, Andrew. You are correct about the budget part, too.

P.S. There is a good thread going about this on VW Vortex. Look in the
motorsports forum.
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region