RE: chassis stiffening: foam in the rockers...

Yeah that GRM Golf cage was a piece of work alright.

My fear with foam is not only rust, but what happens
over time...like the foam separating from the steel,
shrinking, thereby losing it's "fill" and therefore
strengthening properties...

Ron

--- "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@home.com> wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
> > Perhaps you don't have enough cage? have you
> > seem the latest issue of GRM?? They have a nice
> > buildup on a road racing GTi. (Aug, 2001 page 38.)
>
> Yup, I've been drooling over that maze of tubes.
> Jeez, it has to be heavy,
> though. Whatever, Stu Brumer definitely knows what
> he's doing. But, we knew
> that already. :^)
>
> Heh, when I said I was "rockin' the full rollcage",
> I just spent that I was
> sporting one -not that it was insufficient or
> whatever. I'm running an
> Autopower weld-in cage which is plenty good for my
> street, autox, and drag
> race application. Of course, it is actually complete
> overkill -just like I
> like it. :^) However, I feel that no chassis is ever
> really rigid enough,
> so...
> --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
> SCCA ProRally driver
> Hotrod Rabbit GTi
>
> Check out our rally team's website!
> http://www.usrallyteam.com
>

> --
> Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd