[tech] weird shuddering/chattering vibration

I have this weird vibration when going through the gears in my 8v 'rocco.
This is what happens:

When driving, I push the clutch in, shift into a gear, let the clutch out
and I get "the vibration."  It happens in all gears but usually in 4th and
5th. If I push the clutch in and rev the engine, I get the vibration when
the engine RPMs go from 3000 to 2000. It also does it when the car is in
neutral. Today after work I got the vibration sitting in the parking lot
right after I started the car, before I even moved and it was at idle. I
tried to shift without using the clutch and I did not get the vib.

I'm lost and I need my baby to last about 2 more months until I my beetle is
back on the road. Then it's complete overhaul and painting time for the
scirocco.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Adam