From: Scott Williams [mailto:scwillia@genuity.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 1:43 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: chassis stiffening: foam in the rockers...

Yo, are the rocker panels in the Scirocco hollow? They have to be,
right?
I'm considering filling them up with structural foam. Some months ago,
Sport
Compact Car injected this foam into their project 300ZX's rockers. Once
the
foam hardened, they reported a substantial increase in chassis
rigidity -something that the A1 chassis does *not* have in spades.
-better
suspension geometry? -less creaks and rattles? I'll take it!

I realize that this is a fairly esoteric topic, but you know me. I love
push the envelope. Does anyone have any idea where to get this stuff?
Gracias.
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region