Re: hello

--- joseph Trussell <joetruss@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> How's it going.  I'm new to the list and wanted to
> say a quick hello.
>
>   I've been putting around the country in an '85
> Vanagon for two years
> (having broken the timing belt on a sad day in '98
> on my '86 16V and sworn
> off Sciroccos) but today I sold my big blue roadcow.
>
> Last weekend, I saw an old '85 wolfsburg scirocco at
> a used car lot.  The
> salesman said they wanted $200 because the tranny
> was gone.
> On a hunch I went ahead and bought it, and lo and
> behold, it only needed one
> piece of linkage.  Of course after I put on the
> linkage, I drove it and
> found that it needs struts, motor mounts, new seats,
> a cv joint, and several
> gaskets, among other things.  The body is straight;
> it doesn't appear to
> have ever been wrecked, so now I've decided to give
> it a shot--this is my
> 4th Rocco and 13th VW overall.
>
> I'm wondering if there's anybody out there on the
> list in the Denver area
> who knows of good parts yards around here to hunt
> through for stuff--this
> car needs just about everything and I'm ready to get
> started!  Any help
> would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe Trussell
> Denver, CO
> '85 wolfsburg

Welcome back into the Scirocco fold!

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)