Re: Smoking tail lights

I did the taillights on my 91 Jetta, and i just made sure to clean them REAL
well before spraying the tint on. Sanding them would make them look rough, i
think. I just used the Testors model paint stuff and Testors clearcoat.
Pretty cheap (about $8), and it seemed to last. I guess the NightShades stuff
from VHT works better though.

Anyway, I wouldnt worry about it blocking any light, since you should only
tint the ugly orange turn signal part and maybe your reverse light. I left
the red (brake & parking light) alone.

See pic:
http://www.volksport.com/rides/img/klim3.jpg

The tinted front turn signals actually look real nice at night when tinted.
Instead of the whole thing lighting up, only a small dot is visible. Looks
great, IMHO.

Dont waste your money on the real tinted lights, theyre hard to find for the
Jetta and cost about $250. The front smoked turn signals are about $85, still
way too much.

Klim K.
Minneapolis, MN
86.5 16V