Re: [Ebay] Audi UR-Q in Vt

Just some more general info on the Ur-Q's.  There are
about 600 in the US, mostly 82 and 83 models.  Only 60
85 models were imported.  Those had the updated fuse
box, wiring and diff locks.

You can get 220hp out of these cars really easily,
from there it starts to cost you.  Aftermarket support
for the car is there, but normal parts costs are high
and sometimes parts availibility sucks.

I've driven several, including an '85 and while it
could be argued that none were in pristine condition,
I always came away disappointed.  The car feels very
heavy, the gearbox is very notchy and the power is
really laggy.  However, they are way cool and look
awesome!  I still want one...

Be aware that these cars can bury you financially
really quickly...

-josh

--- Jonas Karlsson <jonas85k@hotmail.com> wrote:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592826044&r=0&t=0>

> in Vermont
>
> obviously not mine, but since AWD is a logical
> progression for performance,
> and since we're all a little nutty (which is
> required to be the owner of an
> Ur-Q) I think this is relevant. Also the lines are
> loosely similar to the
> Scirocco (although the Scirocco is Italian and the
> Ur-Q is British).
>
> for those who don't know:
> 5cyl,10v,turbo,quattro,160bhp stock,300hp not too
> hard to get... unfortunately very $$$ to maintain.
> Because this car changed
> the face of rallying and racing forever, the
> majority are owned by hardcore
> fanatics.
>
> I have no affiliation
>
> Jonas
> 85 Scirocco 2.0
> 78 Scirocco 1.8
> 87 Scirocco 16V
> 90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20v (not UR, and not turbo)
> For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com

=====
Josh Wyte
Momentum Motorsports