Re: Car boggin' (hardcore)

I would take the relay out and replace it with a jumper - see if it fixes
it. If it does, you have a bad relay or bad wiring. Check the voltage at
the pump with a multimeter. It should be above 12v with the car running.
See if the relay gets hot....
Just saying all of this because you say the relay was clicking.
	-Josiah

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Paul Maione wrote:

> Hey all.
>
> My car got wacked on me today. When I left the
> driveway, it started bogging bigtime. I was
> confused, my gas gauge was in red, so i figure
> that maybe i was running low. I limp it to
> the gas station and juice up. I start it back up,
> it seems to be a lil' better, but it was still bogging.
> When i give gas, it's like doesn't wanna kick in a
> first but then it'll start to go, but when i'm goin
> it start to jerk violently. So i bring it to work and
> throw it in the garage. The fuel pump seems to
> be making a normal buzzing sound. I changed
> the coil because i remember when Jason Arms
> was driving home from Cincy, it was doin something
> similar. But the change in coil didn't do anything.
>
> I don't have access to my bentley right now, so
> what are some things that i should check for tommorow?
> Fuel Pump? I thought i heard the fuel pump relay clickin
> HARDCORE when it would bog.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
> 87' Scirocco 16v