Re: 16v loss of power in the 2k-3k rpm range

Check your knock sensor & wire.  It should have a black insulation coating
on it with no cracks... mine did not have the insulation at all!  and it was
doing the same thing, but between 5 and 6k rpm.  I changed the wire & sensor
since it is one unit, and bolted the knock sensor to the block with the
correct torque and it fixed the problem.  Brett pointed this out to me on
the way back from cincy this year.

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'81 Scirocco S ***Coming AUGUST to a driveway of mine***
'81 Scirocco S (newest additon)
'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)