RE: Tech Question: 16V passat engine again.

>  One more questions to send out there.
>  Can the Ox sensor be "faked".  IE: can I remove the Ox sensor?

You could remove the sensor. The benefits would be less power, shitty fuel
economy, poor starting, etc. GO FOR IT! ;-) Really now... why would you want
to remove it? If yours is acting up then replace it with a new one. Unlike a
cat, an 02 sensor is your friend to the end. -an essential part of a modern
injection system (nearly semi-modern in our case).

>  Also, will the 4-2 down pipe from an early MK1 fit on a 16V head?

Hells no.

> Just thinking of what options I have for exhaust. I have an old manifold,
> and this would save me buying a header for the 16V if I go that route

Either run a Supersprint header or the stock manifold plus downpipe of your
choosing. The stock unit works fine; the Techtonics race (non-cat) version
makes lots of power and lots of noise to go with it. I've elected to use the
Techtonics pipe, of course. :-)
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region