FS: 16V in Columbus, IN

Not mine - the seller owns the European FLAPS and is a great guy.

I don't recall the year.  It had a broken finger on the throwout arm, so the
clutch wouldn't disengage.  The PO was going to fix it, and in the process,
he pulled out the selector rod (or whatever it is that allows components to
fall into the tranny, necessitating disassembly).  He bought it that way and
fixed the tranny, and while he was in there, replaced the clutch, crank
seal, head gasket, timing belt (I think) and oil seals, and the PCV hose.
He also put on a new Bosal cat-back.  He says the body is great (black),
interior is like new, no rips in the seats, and not really any signs of
wear.  The tires are also very new on stock teardrops.  The car should be
basically trouble-free for the next 60k miles.

$2250; he'll go all the way down to $2240.  His shop is 812-378-5000, ask
for Dave, and he can give you more details and correct anything I might have
confused.  If I had any excuse to be in the market, I'd buy it in an
instant, but since I'm not, I'd like to see it go to a lister and not some
local slap who will beat it to death and then scrap it.  (Plenty of rich
kids in the area who would do that.)

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco