[TECH SWAP] A2-->A1 interchangeability

hey ya'll if all goes well there will be a complete change in cars in my
sig soon.

Im looking at getting a 2.0L that comes with an A2 jetta chassis.
Gonna drop the motor in either the wife's new cabby or my new 88 16v
chassis. My current one is cursed. somebody is aiming for the drivers
door. I'll pass. I need another set of luck.

So the question is how much of the A2 stuff from the jetta will go onto
the A1 chassis.
motor  (outta a passat) How do I get the intake on the "correct" side
tranny. is it a straight drop in?

recaros are going in the cabby. Cause im too large to have em in the
rocco.

oh if I keep the 8v in the cabby ( i want max reliability) how do i make
this thing pull much harder. looking for a good steady powerband. The
silly thing is a winp. wont even spin the tires in first gear on a sandy
road. :-)... it needs to have atleast as much power as 98 Honda Civic...
(not too tough)

brian
87 16v .. cursed./ blessing (parting / gettig a new home - perf parts?)
85 cabby getting deliverd. gonna be living a new life.
81S getting traded
------
possible upgrades...
88 Rocco 16v... getting a 2.0L and Plum paint
Koni yellows Nuespeed soft sports.. Full TT exshaust. plenty of sound
deadending.. euro lights/bumpers susp mods. and .. teardrops. (running
outta money!)
Xmas present for the wife...
85 Cabby Euro heads/pistons, recaros. new interior,BBS body kit, big
bumpers?.. already has euro lights,
(converting the wife from Honda --> VW)