From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Allyn
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 15:07
To: scirocco list
Subject: slow starter when hot

ok, need an opinion:
- when car is hot and just has been shut off, the starter cranks ... well,
it crawls, as if my
battery was dead.
- if i wait 5 minutes (or one minute with ignition/ac on (rad. fan
running)), then try to start it,
it starts.
- trying to narrow to ground/power wire problem or the starter itself.
- i heard when the starters go they have the same symptoms, but i've never
had one go like that, and
its been the same way for 3 months, hasnt gotten any worse.
- i got a starter in the garage, should i throw it in?
- also, how in the f*&% hell do i get that "must replace" bushing out???
any help appreciated
al

Allyn Malventano, ET1(SS), USN
87 rocco 16v (rieger gto - green - 'der rocco' - restoration in progress)
87 jetta 8v wolfsburg 2dr (260k, still tight :)