Re: Faulty starter relay?

Did you replace the electrical part or the whole thing?  My 86 was "delaying"
starting sometimes like you describe.  Sometimes you had to wiggle the key.
I replaced the electrical part and it still did it.  I was puzzled.  I
replaced the lock cylinder and it turns out that the little "blade" part that
sticks out the end of the lock cylinder (made out of the same weak pot metal
as our wonderful door handles) had twisted just enough over time that it
wouldn't turn the electrical part of the switch enough.

Tom
78 Audi Fox GTI
79 Rocco
80 Rocco (future SOLO car)
81 Rocco S (parts car)
81 Porsche 924 Turbo (blown turbo)
82 Rabbit Pickup
85 Audi Coupe GT
86 Rocco 8 V (daily driver, future 16 V)
87 16 V Rocco (organ donor)