euro lights are dumb

well, apparently just mine are... :(

I wired my spare set of euro lights into the 16v the other day,
and I'm having some problems.  I'm pretty sure that I wired the terminals
correctly for the H4...looking at the plug from the front: right-ground,
top-low, left-high.
Low beams work fine, but when I hit the high beam, the main beam and the
inside
light on the driver's side shuts off, but the passenger side works fine.
I haven't taken a super close look at it because it's been 100+ friggin'
degrees
here for the past week.....

what am I missing?

Alex Ting
'88 ///M3
'90 jetta gli
'87 16v rocco
'86 zender z400 callaway rocco
'88 honda hawk

Senior Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
1364 Blue Oaks Blvd. Ste 100
Roseville, CA 95678

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.671.2001
Fax:  916.671.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
www.nu2u.net
www.millenniumsolutions.net