Re: Tech Question: Turbo Guru's

FWIW VW Turbo Diesels came with either Garret or KKK turbochargers from
the factory.  I don't know what the numbers of the two turbos are, but the
the models are interchangeable, as they use the same manifold and
plumbing.

Drew (84 Turbo Scirocco)

PS (OK, so I left out the Diesel... :) )

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Dan Bubb wrote:

> The KKK03 isn't a bad choice for the 1.8JH. The manifold will be useless to
> you.
> Wonder if the diesel manifold will mount the KKK03?
> The KKK03 with about a max of 5psi would probably work OK with CIS and
> standard ignition. Anything more and you would be looking at wholesale fuel
> and ignition changes.
> Dan

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca