Re: What tranny came in a 1985 8V?

My guess is it does have the 4k, or you could crawl under
the car and look...

My 83.5 had a 2h my 84 had a 4k, my 87 had a ayg?.

hth

--- Paul Grimes <paul@vwvortex.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys--
> MuckChiller (local proud owner of a 1984 Mk2 8 valver)
> turned me on to his
> neighbor's car that has been sitting in his garage for
> the past three years
> and I am contemplating buying it. I am wondering if it
> has the 4k
> transmission or some later model version?  I am thinking
> about doing a turbo
> kit on this car and building a nice cheap weekend track
> car.
>
> Otherwise the car is really, really nice. It has 102k on
> it, it is black
> with grey striped cloth interior, no sunroof, Koni
> adjustable struts,
> Neuspeed springs/swaybars/stressbars/short shifter and
> these cool old school
> 15" wheels and an APS exhaust system that has never been
> mounted.
>
> Where am I gonna fit them all?
>
> -Paul (temporarily insane)

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...