Re: OIL and Filters on a 1.8L

Patrick Bureau wrote:

> I have to be honest I never heard of Mann or Mahle filters before, and I do
> not presume to be an expert in this oil/filter field. I want something I
> know will work for my car, its been running WARM (3/4 dial constant, but no
> overheating) with 10w40 Semi-syntechtic,.

A note on semi-synthetic oils - I read once that they typically are only
10% or so synthetic, the rest is regular dino oil.  So for the "privilege"
of saying you're running the stuff, you're paying a huge premium for very
little difference from regular oil.  Complete marketing bullshit ripoff if
ever there was one..

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA