Re: Oil Pressure Buzzer Problem Fixed... Related Thread...

That damn buzzer is driving me nuts.  It comes on any time
it wants to! I checked the oil, it was down a litre, so I
put some 20w50 in and it went aw3ay for oh... five minutes.
It's been doing this as long as I've owned the car ~3
years, but as of late it's been insane. the usual fix is to
pound on the side of the dash... and it stops. Works most
times.

So:
1. How do I disconect this damn thing?

2. What do I need to install a Oil pressure gauge?

car is 84 1.8L 16v

thanks...

--- Christopher Mueller <cm_scirocco@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can't remember who mentioned it, but changing from the
> Mobil Synthetic 15w50
> oil I had tried to 20w50 has stopped the oil pressure
> warning buzzer from
> coming on at exactly 2000rpm and thoroughly annoying my
> time in the car.
>
> Redline seemed to be the only fully synthetic oil I could
> at 20w50, from a
> 4WD store!  Pep Boys and Kragen, etc. just don't seem to
> carry much useful
> stuff for this car.
>
> Thanks for the advice,
> Christopher
> 87 16V

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...