Small Dia Valve Stem Heads was : How to Keep the Tourque Low

T Berk wrote:

> ... during upgrades to the engine?

Here is some info I gleaned from the AutoTech site; seems these 7mm
valve stem heads are Hydro Only.

Anybody know anything else about where you might source these from as
far as donor models/years?  Audi?

 SportTuned SMALL STEM Zylinderkopf .......... 10.109.115K .......... $1195.00

 This new addition to our Zylinderkopf line is designed to improve low
rpm torque and high rpm power over ordinary performance heads.

 Based on a hydraulic lifter cylinderhead, the Small Stem Zylinderkopf
uses smaller valve stem diameters instead of increased  valve head size
to maximize airflow capabilities. The smaller 7mm stems increase airflow
without losing low rpm air velocity common  with larger head diameters.
Because of this, the Small Stem Zylinderkopf is well suited for
everything from stock 1.8 liter to built-up  2.1 liter bottom ends. Sold
on an exchange basis.

 Special SportTuned 40mm and 33mm valves run in silicone-bronze guides.
Our exclusive port configuration provides optimum  airflow without
sacrificing drivability. Our precision 3 angle valve job maximizes
airflow while maintaining the durability expected on  a street motor.
The street-legal AUTOTECH Sport 270° Hydro Camshaft with our SportTuned
valve springs are included. This  head is hydraulic lifter only. Not
available in a solid lifter version. Sold on an exchange basis.