From: Chris DeLong [mailto:green536@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 2:33 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Note on tranny rebuilders

OK kids; I have seen alot about tranny rebuilders lately. I will offer
up my
2 cents seeing as how I just did one in a turbo rabbit.

I was installing a Quaife and noticed that the washers for the drive
flanges
wouldnt fit between the clip and that flange. I then proceeded to
contact
Autotech when they promptly put me on hold and shuffled me through about
4
people before they told me to call Kraftsworks. I then called them
"Shawn"
answers and gets impatient with my inquiries. He then proceeds to hang
up on
me. I was polite and sober ;-) I dont know if he was feeling
uncomfortable
about my questions or if he is just a dick. Either way I will not EVER
deal
with Kraftsworks due to REALLY bad PR.

On another note I would like to offer up an alternative to them. I know
this
guy named Darrell. HE does ONLY VW trannies and does a good job. He
warranties his stuff for 3 years and unlimited amounts of mileage. HE is

very helpful if you ask him q's. On all 16V rebuilds he installs the
factory
bolt kit in the ring gear. He ships. I know the Vanagon list knows who
he is
but I jsut wanted you guys to know also.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop