Re: [mk1] What's a Scirocco TS ?

Hi

I have a Scirocco TS. They were only sold in europe .... i think they were launched as a temporarely sportscar until they had the GTI on the streets! They came in 70 hp with the 1.5 engine and (As mine) with the well known 1.6 with 85 HP. In europe all the other VW 1.6 (including other Golf's and Roc's ) had only 75 HP...so they must have launched it as a more sporty model than the others. Mine has been tweaked now (Not by me) so I don't know what was original... but it has the chrome window sorround and the usual gadgets in the cabin. I think that a mono wiper was also original...

I'm working on a website! - so pics will be up soon :-)

Morten t Nielsen