Re: How to Keep the Tourque Low in the Power Band

Adjustable cam timing sprocket, advanced?

I wouldn't think a port match and polish job would
have any real downside, as long as you don't go crazy.

And don't forget the 4K.

Ron
--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:

> ... during upgrades to the engine?
>

> Lots of things I read about tend to fall in one or
> two different
> categories; better breathing, better displacement.
>
> I am planing on building up an Audi 2.0 bubble block
> (w/ 84 GTI head)
> this summer and adding it to my Mk1 Scirocco.
> [Finally]
>
> I wanted to avoid pushing the power band up into the
> stratosphere
> because, well, I like low end torque more than
> screaming revs.
>
> Larger exhaust (w/ lower back pressure), porting and
> polishing the head
> and intake, all these seem to have trade offs I
> could live without.
>
> So, rather than making a sewing machine out of my
> tractor, how can I
> keep it low but still flow?

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd