tire wear - inside edge

I'm wondering if anyone heas a good explanation as to
why the inside edges of my rear 195-50-15 tires are
wearing out on my '83 wolfsburg ed.  It just seems
strange to me that it's the rear tires that are
wearing out abnormally.  There appears to be some
slight rubbing against the struts, which I will hit
with my grinder, and hopefully that will do.  I'm
going for a long drive stateside next week, and I
don't want to have to buy new tires while I'm there.

Chris J.
Vancouver, Canada
 '83 Scirocco Wolfsburg
'82 Kawasaki KZ 550