Re: clutch question

I had the same thing happen to mine a month ago and it was a 210 Sachs unit .
On mine the metal around the spring broke and let it free to wander around
the belhousing . I assumed it broke from fatigue and abuse and put a brand
new one on.

Less than 300 miles later my brand new Sachs 16v pressure plate broke and
upon taking the clutch out for the second time in a month I see that I was
sold one of the crappy 2.0 8v unit upon checking the PN in the Sachs book .
When you take a close look you will see there are only half as many bands on
the A3 one as opposed to the old 16v item . With no time to spare I tossed a
used one on and hit the track 12 hours later . I was sold this item by a
reputable Parts for VW dealer but next time I will inspect it closer before
taking delivery . Hopefully its under some kind of warranty since it still
has the grooves on the friction surface to show little use .

Jasin
MK1 +