Re: I QUIT (Update) COOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

AUGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!    I just went hiked up Glen Boulder trail last week and
also road up the Auto Road to the summit (both Mt. Washington).  Saw a few
A4's and so forth around.  One really cool Mini-Cooper (white w/ the Union
Jack on it's roof, or whatever Brits call 'em).  I **WANT** some pics!!

For everyone who doesn't know, the Auto Road on Mt. Washington in NH (6,288
ft) is the first of America's such attractions (done in 1860's).  It's an
8-mile stretch that ends up in the Alpine Zone atop Mt. Washington (from
which, on a clear day you can see Canada and the Atlantic Ocean).  It's NO
Pike's Peak.  However, it has it's own issues.  For example, the highest
windspeed ever recorded was done on Mt. Washington's summit (231mph!!!).
Plus, some of the most unpredictable and quickly-changing weather in the
USA.  I will say this - driving up the Auto Road (which is a skinny-ass road
that is sometimes just dirt), with your father at the helm and you looking
over the side down a HUGE freakin' mountain into oblivion at times is NOT
COOL.  Add to that the 2 dumptrucks that we had to pass on this road (they
are constantly maintaining the dirt portions).  I thought for sure we were
over the edge (the dumptrucks were on the inside of course, us on the
outside).

Anyhow, how in the hell someone can RACE up that mountain - I have no
freakin' clue.  One miscalculation, one bad slide, and you've bought it,
baby.  I still can't find any accurate info on the web as to past accidents,
but whatever..

-Phil