Re: engine mounts (NOTE)

> Between Poly and stock there are some other choices: TT makes some
> HD
> mounts and VW makes Diesel mounts that are stiffer than standard.

But ALL A-1 mounts have been superceded to the diesel versions so don't
get scammed. If you buy standard mounts, be 100% sure to get the best
quality German made mounts, no adobe or corn tortilla equivalent crap!
(nudge nudge know what I mean?)

> Keep in mind that the stiffer you go the more vibes you will get
> into
> the cabin. Also, you will transfer more power to the ground with
> less
> motor travel but will put more stress on the frame members, so
> splitting
> the difference maybe wise.

That's why I say BALANCE the engine when rebuilding it, but TBerk is 100%
correct.

> Between the four there are two pairs- the front & back and the two
> sides, of which the trans mount is the least of the four.
>
> Between the front and back I'd keep one of the two from being Poly,
> just
> so things don't try and rip themselves out of the car. :)

Use the front poly at the least.

> I'm starting to peter out at this point, I have a half flooded floor
> that needs my attention.

I had a dog that had that problem when he got too excited. There's a pill
for over active bladder you know. >:)