Re: engine mounts

smiley pie wrote:

> Since I am going to replace my engine (finally) I wanted to replace my
> engine mounts. Does anybody offer a whole mount kit? Instead of trying to
> buy all of 'em separately. Also which mounts is it best to leave stock and
> which ones to upgrade to the poly mounts?
> Thanks,
> dave

Well, you could ring up a list vendor like Adirondack or Virtual World
and say: "I want to replace my motor mounts". They will even call it a
kit if you want.  :P

Between Poly and stock there are some other choices: TT makes some HD
mounts and VW makes Diesel mounts that are stiffer than standard.

Keep in mind that the stiffer you go the more vibes you will get into
the cabin. Also, you will transfer more power to the ground with less
motor travel but will put more stress on the frame members, so splitting
the difference maybe wise.

Between the four there are two pairs- the front & back and the two
sides, of which the trans mount is the least of the four.

Between the front and back I'd keep one of the two from being Poly, just
so things don't try and rip themselves out of the car. :)

I'm starting to peter out at this point, I have a half flooded floor
that needs my attention.

TBerk
(below sea level)