Re: Out with the old in with a Jetta

Sciroccin wrote:

> Just acquired a 2000 Jetta GLS 1.8t.  Don't worry, the Roc's not going
> anywhere.  The Jetta will replace the wifes 97 Honda Civic EX.  Anyone want
> to buy a Honda?  Ha-ha - tough crowd.  Anyway, any of you who own one - I am
> interested in putting lowering springs on it, and was told that I would have
> to change out the front sway bar to do this.  Is this true.

Only true if you go beyond 1.5" of lowering.. H&R Sport springs will NOT
require the new bar, coilovers will if you plan on dropping further than
that.

I wouldn'g to lower than an inch - the oil pan is VERY low on these cars
and many people have smacked 'em wide open.  On my Mk4 GTI I had the
aforementioned H&R's with Bilstein Sports, it was a nice setup.. Potterman
can hook you up, natch.  The drop on my car with that combo was just
about exactly an inch, no swaybar issues at all.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA